Business and Tourism (B1/B2)
Applicants Under Age 14
Applicants under 14 years old who hold Saudi Arabian passports do not need to appear for an interview. Parents can either bring the following documents with them to their visa interview, or FedEx the documents to the nearest Embassy (Riyadh) or Consulate General (Dhahran, Jeddah) in order to apply for their child’s visa.
If you choose to mail your documents, please send them to the location nearest you, as in some circumstances the parents of a minor applicant may be requested for an in-person interview.
- The child's own passport (family passports are no longer accepted)
- If the child has a valid US visa in an old or expired passport, please send the passport with the valid US visa
- 5x5cm photo of child with eyes open (if uploaded into DS-160, photos must be a .jpg between 600x600 and 1200x1200 pixels, less than 240kb, and cannot be digitally altered)
- A completed DS-160 form
- Visa Fee Receipt from SAMBA
- Birth certificate
- A copy of the valid visa of both parents OR a passport copy from the non-traveling parent with a letter stating no objection to the child's travel
- If one parent is a US citizen, please include all dates of US citizen parent's physical presence in the United States AND a copy of a Consular Report of Birth (CRBA) denial letter OR an affidavit from a US Embassy or Consulate General stating that the US citizen parent is unwilling or unable to obtain the documents required to transmit citizenship to the child
- For children of students (F2): a copy of the child's I20
- Return FedEx airway bill
If Embassy Riyadh is your nearest location, please mail your documents via FedEx to this address:
U.S. Embassy Riyadh
Attention: Nonimmigrant Visas
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Please note that the parents of applicants under 14 years old who are holders of passports from countries other than Saudi Arabia (i.e. who are passport holders of another country) are required to appear for an interview on behalf of the child and should bring the documents mentioned above. These appointments should be scheduled in the name of the child on the regular visa appointment website.