Business and Tourism (B1/B2)
Below is a summary of the application process. You must use our new appointment system (available beginning August 21) to complete the process.
1. Get a visa photo
- Photos must be a .jpg between 600x600 and 1200x1200 pixels
- Photos must be less than 240kb
- Photos must not be digitally altered
- You must bring a 5x5cm photo to the embassy
- The photo must be no older than 6 months
2. Complete the online application
3. Pay application fees and schedule interview
The visa application fee for B1/B2 visas is SR608. This nonrefundable fee must be paid BEFORE an interview appointment can be scheduled. The instructions detailing the process are on the new appointment system page.
4. Go for the interview
On the day of the interview, only applicants with valid appointments are allowed to enter. You may enter up to thirty minutes before the time listed on your confirmation sheet. Only a legal guardian may accompany you into the waiting room, other friends and relatives will not be able to enter.
What to bring:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Confirmation page(s) from the DS-160
- SAMBA receipt(s)
- Bank History for the past 3 months
- All previous passports
- Employment letter
What not to bring:
5. Visa Processing
After your interview, you will be told approximately how long it will take to process and print your visa. Please remember that this is only an estimate and wait times vary, with many visas taking up to three months to process. Issued visas will be available for pick up at the Aramex center selected by the applicant at the time the appointment for the interview is made.
If you need your passport for travel in the near future, we recommend that you take back your passport at the end of the interview.
- The U.S. Embassy and Consulates-General in Saudi Arabia will no longer be accepting family passports. Every individual applying for a U.S. visa must have their own passport.
Applicants Under 14For information on how to apply for a visa for children under 14, click here.