Federal Voting Assistance Program
The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) launched in 2006 the Integrated Voting Alternative Site (IVAS). The new section features information from the fifty-five states and territories regarding the electronic ballot request and delivery alternatives available to citizens covered by the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA). Each state and territory has differing laws regarding the use of electronic transmission alternatives to the by-mail process with respect to absentee voting materials.
Note: If you have put the proper postage on your envelope or the envelope reads “Postage Paid,” you may use the APO at the Embassy to get your FPCA to the United States. Please bring the envelope to American Citizen Services and the staff will drop the envelope in the APO for you.
Important dates to remember:
- January 1st: Register to vote/Request Absentee ballot early (U.S. Uniformed Services are recommended to register to vote EVERY YEAR and Overseas Citizens are recommended to vote EVERY EVEN numbered year)
- July 2nd – 8th: Overseas Citizens Voters Week
- September 1st: Last day to Register to vote/Request for Absentee ballot (no later than 60 Days before Election)
- September 3rd – 9th: Armed Forces Voters Week
- October 8th – 14th: Absentee Voting Week * October 15th: Last day to mail your Absentee Ballot during election year
Contact us for voting assistance:
Post Voting Officer
Deputy Consul General