Foreign Agricultural Service
U.S. Agricultural Trade Office, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
To assist U.S. agricultural exporters, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) operates a network of Agricultural Trade Offices (ATOs) in major markets of the world. Market access, market development, U.S. exporter assistance, and reporting are some of the responsibilities of an ATO.
Agricultural Trade Office (ATO) Riyadh is charged with agricultural affairs in Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Yemen. Key activities in Saudi Arabia are as follows:
- Conducts market development activities in partnership with several non-profit U.S. commodity trade associations from the USA Rice Federation to the Washington Apple Commission.
- Reports on market opportunities and conditions impacting on U.S. trade.
- Works with the Ministries of Commerce and Agriculture to clear up trade disputes and on trade capacity building activities.
- Operates trade lead and matchmaking services to assist in establishing contacts between Saudi buyers and American sellers.
- Participates in local trade shows.
- Recruits representatives of Saudi companies to U.S. based food and agricultural shows, such as the Food Marketing Institute (FMI), the National Restaurant Associations exposition (NRA), the Private Label Manufacturers Association (PLMA) and the Institute of Food Technologies (IFT).
- Responds to requests by both U.S. exporters and Saudi importers of food and agricultural products.
- Develops and cultivates a wide range of contacts; maintains a list of key importers.
- For more information, please contact the ATO office at the following coordinates:
Agricultural Trade Office, U.S. Embassy
P.O. Box: 94309, Riyadh – 11693, Saudi Arabia
Phone: (966-1) 488-3800, ext. 4351, Fax: (966-1) 482-4364
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/saudi-arabia/335440/elhilosa/U_S_ Agricultural Trade Office_ Riyadh_ Saudi Arabia.pdf (PDF 113 KB)
U.S. Product (Suppliers) On-Line searchable database is used to find suppliers of U.S. Agricultural Products. The search capability allows a user to search different options to select specific products. This is the first stop to find the right match to meet your needs! Please search on-line at. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/saudi-arabia/335440/elhilosa/U_S_ Agricultural Trade Office_ Riyadh_ Saudi Arabia.pdf (PDF 113 KB)
If you are an importer of food and agricultural products and would like to receive price quotes and product information from U.S. companies or if you need our matchmaking services to establish contacts between Saudi buyers and American sellers, please fill the attached Trade Lead Form (PDF 113 KB) and fax (01-482-4364) or email http://photos.state.gov/libraries/saudi-arabia/335440/elhilosa/U_S_ Agricultural Trade Office_ Riyadh_ Saudi Arabia.pdf (PDF 113 KB) to U.S. agricultural trade office in Riyadh.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.